After upgrading from SCCM2012SP1 to SCCM2012R2 some random packages are invalid #SysCtr #ConfigMgr #SCCM

Update below!

Hi,

after finally upgrading from SCCM2012SP1 to SCCM2012R2 we had the issue, that the OSD tasksequences stopped working with errors all circling around content.

After being able to solve some of the problems by redistributing the affected content I asked on twitter if anyone else was having a similar problem after upgrading to R2, and nearly immediately a reply from @znackattack helped me further:

image

So what should you do?

Download Content Library Explorer from the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Toolkit and redistribute only the content that is marked as invalid.

A good example of how to do this can be found here: http://anoopcnair.com/2013/12/18/configmgr-sccm-2012-r2-tool-contcontentlibraryexplorerent-library-explorer/

Thanks to Nicke!

Update:

The tip from Kenny in the comments helped me t get OSD back running:

Reregister / Recompile smsdpprov.mof

If you are lucky you´ll find an error saying that compiling “smsdpprov.mof” in your Distmgr.log was not successfull.

To recompile the mof locate your “smsdpprov.mof” – most times %installpath%\bin\x64 – and use the following command:

“mofcomp.exe smsdpprov.mof”

You should then get a message that the file was compiled successfully.

I then restarted the DP (not sure if t is needed) and our delpoyment worked again.

Thanks again Kenny!

5 thoughts on “After upgrading from SCCM2012SP1 to SCCM2012R2 some random packages are invalid #SysCtr #ConfigMgr #SCCM

  1. Jon Kaiser says:

    We went from RTM directly to SP1 then immediately to R2
    Almost ALL our DP content went GREY in the Content Explorer
    We used powershell script to bring the content back
    Now over the weekend the content is AGAIN disappearing
    we again run the Powershell scripts to bring the content back…
    we use the content all week long
    we go away for the weekend and on Monday the content is GONE again
    Is nobody else having this happen under R2?
    Thx,
    Jon

    • Christian Lehrer says:

      Hi Jon,

      this is neraly the same that is happening to us at the moment. OSD is not even possible because the packages get corrupt in a completely random order..
      I´ll update this post when I have any news.

    • Christian Lehrer says:

      Hi Kenny,

      i reregistered smsdpprov.mof (found in %installationfolder%\bin\x64″ with “mofcomp.exe smsdpprov.mof”.
      Currently I´m testing it on three DPs and so far it looks good.
      I´ll update the blogpost if this is the solution.

      Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s