SCCM2012R2 OSD Error Download () failed 80072ee2

Lately I was struggling with a DP that got its Packages invalid several times, see here

After solving this, I had the problem that some clients failed to install.

They brought up an error “Download failed 80071ee2”. After redistributing several packages I saw that always different files in the same package were “Not able to download”. A Network error? Found nothing strange there. All the Tasksequences were working before upgrading to R2!

Finally I found this TechNet Thread where someone had the same issue. Especially take a look at Christian Langelands answer:

image

 

And this is it!

Solution:

1. Create two Tasksequence Variables right at the top of your Tasksequence:

SMSTSDownloadRetryCount with Value 5

and

SMSTSDownloadRetryDelay with Value 15

image

I also set the variable “SMSTSMPListRequestTimeout” with value 300 as mentioned in the next answer – just to be sure! Winking smile

 

 

So somehow the R2-client version is not as robust or the settings are just wrong.

As you see in the above mentioned post, Microsoft is aware of this, so maybe there is a fix/update some when.

 

Hope it helps!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s